It was a great 4th of July in Montevideo this year. We had large turnouts for the parade, for the activities at the clubhouse and the pool, and for the 4 on the 4th race in the morning. Thanks to all who participated. You help make this a great neighborhood.
Congratulations to all our float builders and participants. Overall results were:
com/our-owner); Therese Swan, Local Realtor (http://www.tswan.com), and Carol Rosen, Almaden Times Reporter. Thanks also to the Just 4 Fun band, Montevideo's own, who provided great music during the clubhouse picnic .
- 1st place: - Montalban Drive - San Francisco
- 2nd place - Lower Puerta Vallarta - Las Vegas
- 3rd place - Upper Puerta Vallarta - Gotham City
- 4th place - Monteverde for Honolulu
- 5th place - Montellano & Montelegre Dr - Washington DC.
- Judges' Award - Monteverde - Honolulu
- Just for the Kids Award - De Palma - New Orleans
- Most Entertaining - Lower Puerta Vallarta - Las Vegas
- Best Adaptation of Theme - Upper Puerta Vallarta - Gotham City
- Most Creative - Montellano & Montelegre Dr - Washington DC
- Most Enthusiastic - Upper Puerta Vallarta - Gotham City
- Best Music - Piranha Swim Team - Anahiem
- Best Costumes - Montalban Drive - San Francisco
- Best Design - Montalban Drive - San Francisco
For the 2011 4 on the 4th race, the top three finishers were:
- 1st place: Tom Gardin, 23:48
- 2nd place: Andy Lief, 24:20
- 3rd place: Jose Murillo, 24:30