Thank you to our Parade Grand Marshalls, US Military Veterans and Active Service Members: George Collins, Ed Clark, George Dierkins, Teesha Williams, and Patrick Croley. Thank you for all you have do and are doing for our country and community.
The Board would also like to thank all of the volunteers that make the 4th of July Parade and BBQ happen. The Community is a better place when we all work together to accomplish a goal.
Here is the Set Up crew that gave up their evening on the 3rd to make sure everything was in order. Left to Right: Wayne Niblack (MIA Board Member), Tony Lombardo (MIA Board Member), Tim Shaw (President of Swim Team), Gopi Kurse, Todd Osborn, Julie Williams, EveAnn Osborn, Katie Williams, and Barrett Scott (MIA Board Member)
Additionally, we thank the following people who made the event a success:
- District 12 Councilmember Johnny Khamis for providing his convertible Mustang and driving our Veterans through the Parade Route.
- Lauren Coleman for beautifully signing the National Anthem
- Judges of Parade: Yvonne Gomez (Almaden Lions Club), Bob Ferber (Past District Governor of Lions), Bill Hultzman
- Tony Holm for providing the music and PA for the Parade
- Tully Williams (MIA Board Member) for providing a convertible Corvette to drive Veterans throughout the parade route.
- All the Volunteers who staffed the food and drink tables through out the BBQ.
- The Almaden Super Lions Club who joined the parade and also helped operate our BBQ. Special thank you to Lion Mary Kelly for organizing the participation and volunteers and Lion Robert Benscoter for Captain America and the photo. Additional participating Lions: John Kelly, Brandon Helt, Juli Spence, Lois Ferber, Fiacro Ruiz, Rick Silveria, Nancy Hansen, Len Grilli, and Greg Goodman.