Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Approved Notes MIA Board Meeting June 7, 2016

 
Board Meeting June 7, 2016 7:30 P.M. 

Board members in attendance:
Rich Robertson
Lily Halem
Vickie Saenz
Todd Osborn
Attending for executive session:
Don Whiting
Approx 10 members of community

Community Feedback:

Thank you to the Boy Scouts for spending a whole day doing projects at the pool and clubhouse: really nice work!!!!!

Ron Blumstein said the Boy Scouts got their volunteer hours in before their award ceremony, so it worked out well for everyone.

We had an update on the Guadalupe school garden, which is that there is going to be construction where the current garden is located and the garden will most likely move toward Coleman

Community Feedback regarding pool opening for the season and proposed pool policies.
11.     Need more shade:

Board approved more umbrellas at higher price to solve shade issue.  This had already been approved at a lower price but the price of umbrellas was higher than we thought.

22.     Adopted the new pool rules based on proposed rules and community feedback.  They will be published and condensed to post on signs.

Let’s put the older plastic chairs out of circulation because there is danger of them breaking.

33.      Morning Adult Swim:  community expressed interest in am masters program.  See below for details.






4th of July planning: There will be a follow up meeting for finalizing 4th of July details on June 21 at 7:30.  Please come to help us plan.  Volunteers are needed.

Community suggested other themes, because heroes have been done.
Suggestions: toys, holidays, summer vacation, comics, sports teams, national pasttimes, national monuments.

New Theme: Favorite Toys and Comics: all board members approve new theme.

Grand marshal: parsley club of Montevideo.  

Kids as judges: Boy Scouts (same troop that volunteered to fix up our pool and clubhouse) will act as judges for the parade entries

-Float categories: usual categories.
-Best Bikes
-best strollers (babies)
Best walking and rolling (can include wagons, groups etc.)
Best pets (if not too hot)

****If you want your bike/wagon/walkers/float to be judged, come get a entry number for your street/group at 10:30 on July 4th Monteval as you line up for the parade.


Boy Scouts (not from our neighborhood, so neutral) volunteered to judge the parade.
entries.  Ron Blumstein will make sure there will be enough available and confirm.

Vicki will ask Lauren Coleman if she’ll sing the national anthem again.  (She was great last year)

Fire department wasn’t here last year – Peg will get Ray’s info to Vickie to ask him.  Vickie will be in charge of asking him.

Police: Todd has already sent permit application.  (17 pages worth of application.)

We need orange traffic cones for the parade – we need over 80; last year the police had some, but we didn’t have enough. 
Peg will see if he can borrow some cones from her brother.

We are not going to get pre-orders for food.

For food: just hotdogs this year – we invited the swim team to do food as a fundraiser but they didn’t want to this year.

No snowcones – they were too messy and expensive and didn’t work.

Swim team will do a bake sale for desserts as their regular fundraiser.

Volunteer sheet: put one at the pool and a signup genius: Ron Blumstein will create a signup sheet.

We need people to sell tickets: we were short of ticket sellers last year.  Lily and Mary will do it and we will get more volunteers.

Rich is going to organize the vehicle for the grand marshals.

Food order: gets delivered here.  Rines still own it – different from last year – Vickie will order the food.  We also need foil and trays for hotdogs.

Lily can be here to receive order July 3.  Vickie will let Lily know when delivery.

Rich and Todd are in charge of beer.

Ron will ask Jeremy Werner if he will be in charge of popcicles, (buying them and putting them next to the announcer stand) to give to kids.

Rich will ask Brent Nietzel if he will do the announcing. (He has done it every year for the past while)

Lily will sell tickets, so will Mary Robertson

Set up the night before: need help.

Ron Blumstein will make a signup genius: Todd will get the reworked volunteer list to Ron.

We have decorations – EveAnn and Mary will set up 4th in the am

Don will borrow stopwatches and shade for 4 on the 4th:  Don should let Ron Blumstein know what he needs in terms of volunteers.

Need a short focused board meeting on June 21st for finalizing 4th of July- volunteers please come.

Morning Adult Swim:

Morning masters swim will be from 6 am to 7 am.  Tuesday and Friday mornings starting June 14 and continuing as long as we have an average of 5 swimmers over two weeks to sustain the cost. 

Jesse Saenz and Tony Samson will be the coaches.  MIA will pay coaches. 

Swimmers will pay $5 per swim. Jessie can only do it at 6 am and swim team needs to start practice at 7 so pool can open for community swim by 1:00.

Rich will put announcement in 4th of July mailer, Lily will put it on NextDoor.  Jesse will contact swimmers from two and three years ago.
             
Swim Team events:

We didn’t have a representative from the swim team at the meeting.  We need to coordinate pay of coaches, use hours and system. 

Rich will get in touch with Laura to get information about their liability insurance, (our policy excludes swim team) – we need to understand the scope of how they are operating.

We need to understand their payroll, what tax id, how they are registered, if they are incorporated. 

There are a series of events in the swim team handbook planned, but the dates were not approved or noticed to Peggy or the board.  Rich and Todd will collectively get in touch with Laura/ swim team.  We proposed a memorandum of understanding, but we have not heard back about it. 

We need to establish a process. In the past the swim team would meet the mia board in January/ February, but that communication did not happen this year.

Comcast/ internet connection update:
Comcast isn’t working for voicemail; The phone line is not working –
Change the website to call Peggy’s cell phone instead, since the vm is not working.
Don got the Comcast and at&t bill from Tully.  But the last person to order got a new line.  So now we have 3 lines.  Price went to $300.  Suggestion: to only have phone at pool house, because we don’t need a line at the clubhouse. 
We only need Comcast (we have internet and phone with Comcast): we should just get rid of At&T.  Don will call and find out, because they wouldn’t help us without the bills.  We can get the vm number transferred to Comcast.  All board members voted yes to Don’s phone proposal (to get rid of at&t) and transfer the vm number to Comcast. We want the 1944 number.  The rest we can drop.  Will save $300/ mo.  Don will make it happen.

Regular meeting ended on 9:15;

Executive session about unpaid dues:
Todd is resigning as of the end of July; Vickie will become treasurer, but we need a professional bookkeeper, and most likely a HOA management company.


Meeting ended at 9:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

The MIA Board encourages feedback. The goal is to share neighborly information and community thought. Comments will be reviewed weekly and posted to the blog if appropriate. The Board will not comment on the blog and will only address issues at Board meetings.