Sunday, March 12, 2017

MIA Homeowners Association - Board Annual Meeting
Minutes
2/28/2017 - 6:56pm


__________________________________________ __________________________
Board Member Signature Date


  1. CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:56PM by Lily Halem.  Other board member in attendance were Kerry Smith, Lily Halem.  Prospective Board Members, Brent Neitzel, Ron Blumstein and Bill Swagerty are also in attendance.  Attending for the management company was Rob March.
Also in attendance were:   Members of the community

2. Ballots and the Baord
Rob explained the voting process. As of today, we do not have enough ballots received to name the new board,
Lily proposed that we authorize an interim board until such time new board memembers can be elected.
Lily moves that Brent Neitzel and Ron Blumstein are appointed
Vicki seconds the motion
Brent moves to appoint Bill Swaggerty to the Board
Lily seconds
Lily steps down

3. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES - 7:04pm
A motion was made, seconded, and passed to accept the amended meeting minutes for January

4. FINANCIALS
A motion was made, seconded, and passed to accept put $71,000 into savings account.
Delinquent Members – We have 51 homes not paid and sent late notices
Policy - Dues are due January 1st and late January 31st, late notice will be sent on 2/15 and the
date of 3/31 will be given as the last to pay without penalties. if not paid by then, they will owe
plus the late fees and interest effective 2/1
Motion passed
Insurance has been renewed. Exactly the same premium as last year - total for all approximately $11,115

5. OLD BUSINESS
Entry Gates – All gates need to be self latching. Main gate to the pool may have issue. Peggy to look into.
Per Todd Osborn, we have passed the inspection every year.
Club House Maintenance – The floors will be redone with new wax
Landscaping – Irrigation and programming is happening next week. Training will happening when Juve, the gardener is back in action.
Rob is getting an estimate on the concrete work
Irrigation Repair and Programming – A bid for $750.00 was submitted for review by the board.  A decision will be made soon (Note:  At present the current landscaper does not perform this task).

Communication - Forms to be put on the website to complete regarding email addresses. Lily suggested street captains in order to collect information and offered to help organize.

Pool - Peggy Samson and the Board are to deal with the pool, swim team and anything that has to do with the pool area.
Posting of Events – the Association will officially post notices for the community members at the bulletin board at the sidewalk level of the club room.
Association’s Governing Documents – rewrite and bring current
Laws
Make legible
6. NEW BUSINESS

4th of July
Rob to get permits
Ron Blumstein and Kerry Smith will take over the organization, committees and volunteers
Julie Moore
Motion to approve her as HOA Document Liason. Motion approved
Ron is the HOA contact
Potential Issues to Consider
What is an attractive solar mounting
Vicki has trouble with us as a board getting involved.
It was noted that we need to inprove the common areas before we can judge others

Brent as the interim board would like to thank the out going board.

VIcki can have th financials by the 15th of each month but depends on the season

SCHEDULING OF NEXT BOARD MEETING
The next Board of Directors meeting will be March 14th, 2017 at the club room.  The time of the meeting is:  6:30 PM.

7. ADJOURNMENT
The meeting was closed at 8:28 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The MIA Board encourages feedback. The goal is to share neighborly information and community thought. Comments will be reviewed weekly and posted to the blog if appropriate. The Board will not comment on the blog and will only address issues at Board meetings.