MONTEVIDEO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION (MIA)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Minutes - Draft
Date: Tuesday,April 11th, 2017
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Clubhouse meeting room
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. COMMUNITY CONCERNS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approved Board of Directors Meeting Minutes (March 14, 2014)
- Communication of any Board of Directors actions between formal meetings.
- Through email, we approved Akeem as our Blog Administrator
4. OLD BUSINESS
- Board Positions
- New Board was approved as per MIA Election Rules that were adopted 3 years ago.
- Bill Swagerty, President, Ron Blumstein, VP, Kerry Smith, Sec., Vicki Saenz, Treasurer, Brent Neitzel, Member at Large
- Collection of email addresses and discussion of street captains
- Bill spoke with Street Captain Karen Prowd. She believes that the captains are ok with delivery but might not want to get info.
- She suggested sending one final newsletter with the email request
- Newsletter to be sent once a quarter
- Bill Swagerty will be in charge of the Newsletter
- 4th of July Meeting recap
- Permit application has been filed and has been temporarily approved pending an Outreach Form that needs to be turned in.
- We need police officers
- City may not have enough, per Tully, they say that every year
- We need a theme
- City Permit is only for the parade, not BBQ
- Social Events/Committees
- Starting to plan and asking for committee volunteers
- First event, meet and greet
- Management Company
- Ballots to be shredded. Rob March -Mgt Co will not charge us.
- Mgt Co is no longer collecting emails
- Bill is our central point of contact with Mgt Co.
- Need to give a 60 day notice. WIll be on the agenda to discuss in August
- Ground Maintenance
- Vicky, Mgt Co and AB Landscape are doing a walk through Friday
- Ivy piles of been discarded
- Swim Team
- Practice hours are the same as last year, last group will be done by 12pm.
- Swim Lessons are directly after last practice. Have to be an employee of the pool and certified.
- Tabling parking lot discussion
5. NEW BUSINESS
- Wiki Space Subscription
- It is up for renewal
- Akeem can pay and we can pay him back or Bill or Vicki can pay with credit card
- Neighbor Fence
- Fence fell down after ivy was removed. The are getting bid and letting VIcki know.
- We will pay ½
- No brick posts
- Treasurer Report
- Vicki to send last notice to delinquent members
- If needed we can use ASAP Collection
- Mgt Co will reach out to them
- Mgt Co meeting attendance
- Possible the September or October meeting
- Need to let him know in June or July
6. SCHEDULE NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
- May 2, 2017, 7pm
Note: Meeting Agenda format/content is designed to be flexible for attending Members and to enable the Board of Directors to take appropriate action as required on issues that affect the Association’s overall operations. Some actions are taken by the Board without a regularly scheduled meeting. Such actions will become part of the Minutes record at the next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting.