Monday, September 11, 2017

August Minutes

MONTEVIDEO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION (MIA)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Minutes
Date: Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Clubhouse meeting room


1. CALL TO ORDER
2. COMMUNITY CONCERNS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
  •  Post several ways next meetings several ways
    • Email dates
    • Post on next door
    • Post at the pool
    • Blog
    • Word of mouth
  • Mrs. Birch emailed about rats.  Wants everyone to put out poison, we will not do that.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
  • Previous Board of Directors Meeting Minutes June 13, 2017 - No minutes posted
    • Minutes were done and posted but not on Blog for some reason. Kerry will repost
  • Communication of any Board of Directors or Management Company actions between formal meetings.
4. OLD BUSINESS
  • 4th of July Update - leftovers
  • Member Dues - did not pay interest just monthly dues
    • Other neighbor - has not paid at all.  
    • If put through collections, we will have to pay if they don’t collect.
    • Every letter they send out we have to pay
    • Just this year.
    • Lawyer should cost about $100-$150 to write a letter
    • Accountant would cost same amount as lawyer
    • Bill will go by the house and talk with them.  
  • Treasurer Update
    • Doing fine
    • Little over budget-maintenance and concrete
    • Fencing - several bids  (moved from new business)
      • Not $5000 but only half  - Coleman fence we will owe 3207.50
        • Majority of the cost is the taking our the pillars.
      • Need the rest estimated for monteval fence
      • Asking Meza if they will give a break if they do the entire fence
      • Dump fee probably between 2-3k
        • Can we use the pool dumpster - no
    • Move to approve fence
      • To approve the ½ the value of the bid + ½ dump fee
      • Needs to have a contract with both homeowner and MIA
      • HO will pay us their half and we will pay the entire
    • Gardeners -
      • Everything is turning brown
      • Current gardner will not get liability ins unless he is guaranteed that we will keep him
      • Vicki obtained quotes for the gardner
      • New quote is $2,000 a month for 3 hours week
      • Juve is 975 per month for 1.5 hours
        • Juve will go up to $1500
      • Bill asking Rob to get extra quotes on landscapes
        • Some concern that Rob will charge fee
          • Bill says no - he will make sure he will not charge it
          • It is part of his contract
    • Food 2678 run 685 what we spent
    • Didn’t count lifeguards
    • Negative about $1,000 but it is not a money maker
    • Vicki suggested permanent shade like the schools
      • VIcki will find out how much they cost
        • My response is that they cost between 30-60k
    • Brought up LPAC - ron knows about the shade structure
    • Brent thinks that we shouldn’t pay that much for shade
    • Need to look at the reserve study
      • Starting in the next month
      • Need a committee to look at the reserve study with other  suggestions

5. NEW BUSINESS
  • Gardeners - on old business
  • The Osborn's and another neighbor have  volunteered  to be on the committee
  • Social
    • Advised Peggy would call and we can talk.
    • Bought sno cone machine
    • Shared cost with swim team
  • Facebook Page
    • Kerry to take over
  • Pool - to stay open 7 days through Labor Day
    • After labor day will be open on weekends only through end of Sept
  • Updates to facilities and remodel plans
    • New Pool House
    • Pool
      • Some hazards to be addressed at pool; work can wait until off-season
      • Peggy to contact an electrician
    • Bathrooms
    • Can we use any of the space outside the gate?
Investigate when reserve study needs to be done again - Brent/Bill meet 8/23
6. SCHEDULE NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Next meeting Tues 9/12
7. ADJOURNMENT
8:49pm


Note: Meeting Agenda format/content is designed to be flexible for attending Members and to enable the Board of Directors to take appropriate action as required on issues that affect the Association’s overall operations. Some actions are taken by the Board without a regularly scheduled meeting. Such actions will become part of the Minutes record at the next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The MIA Board encourages feedback. The goal is to share neighborly information and community thought. Comments will be reviewed weekly and posted to the blog if appropriate. The Board will not comment on the blog and will only address issues at Board meetings.