Thursday, October 05, 2017

MONTEVIDEO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION (MIA)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Minutes - Draft
Date: Tuesday, June 13th, 2017
Call to Order: 7:09 P.M.
Location: Clubhouse meeting room

1. CALL TO ORDER
2. COMMUNITY CONCERNS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
  • Mary Norton - Would like to have a number of things repaired and corrected.  
    • The pool tiles are dirty - The pool guy is coming once a week.
    • Would like a more secure  entry- a key card system
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
  • Previous Board of Directors Meeting Minutes (May 2nd, 2017) - Approved
  • Communication of any Board of Directors or Management Company actions between formal meetings.
4. OLD BUSINESS
  • 4th of July Update
    • It has been strongly requested to serve food other than boiled hot dogs
      • Kerry and Ron will handle the food
    • Permits are completed but need officers
      • Kerry will follow up with Scott McNulty. Police officer and member of swim team
      • Kerry to contact Fire Department
    • Brent will handle the collection of the  pre-order of the tickets  and pre registration
      •  Kerry will prepare them for the 4th
    • Run - Ron has a list of who has helped in the past and he will reach out
    • Grand Marshall - Randy Martino
    • Judges- DMS teachers, Sam Neipp
    • Car for Grand Marshall
    •       Profio, Ralph Panella
    • We found all the signs for the floats
    • All food and drinks were ordered through Cash n Carry and Smart and Final
    • 4 floats so far
      • Swim Team
    • Peggy needs 65-70 cans of soda for pool games - no diet
    • Rob March is scheduled to help
    • Vicki will order ice
    • Kerry has been in contact with the Beer Guys
    • Brent will handle the announcing
  • Advertising and getting the word out
    • Newsletter
      • With forms
      • Map
      • Grand Marshal info
      • Needs to be done by Monday if Vicki to copy
  • National Anthem
    • Bethune girls
    • Janelle Dao
    • Mahli girl
  • Treasurer  items
    • Vicki needs invoices in order to be paid
    • Vicki will give a blank check
    • VIcki will provide the cash
    • Cash box needs to be locked up
6. SCHEDULE NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING - 8/9/17

Note: Meeting Agenda format/content is designed to be flexible for attending Members and to enable the Board of Directors to take appropriate action as required on issues that affect the Association’s overall operations. Some actions are taken by the Board without a regularly scheduled meeting. Such actions will become part of the Minutes record at the next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The MIA Board encourages feedback. The goal is to share neighborly information and community thought. Comments will be reviewed weekly and posted to the blog if appropriate. The Board will not comment on the blog and will only address issues at Board meetings.