Tuesday, October 24, 2017

October 2017 Minutes

MONTEVIDEO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION (MIA)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
October Minutes
Date: October 10,  2017
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Clubhouse meeting room


1. CALL TO ORDER
  • 7:05pm
  • In attendance - Bill Swagerty, Ron Blumstein,, Kerry Smith, Peggy Samson, Brent Neitzel and members of the community
2. COMMUNITY CONCERNS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
  • Welcome to Alan Buchannan and family to the neighborhood
  • Mary Norton thanked the Board and Peggy for keeping the pool open
  • It was asked about the Management Co.  As of 12/1/17, the Management Company will no longer be employed by MIA. (more in old business)
  • We do not need a Management Co to send out mailers, the bookkeeper sends out billings
  • If we increase dues, is it possible to make payments available
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
  • June Minutes approved
  • September Minutes approved
4. COMMUNICATION OF BOARD MEMBERS & MANAGEMENT COMPANY ACTIONS BETWEEN MEETINGS
  • It was decided at our executive meeting that we would no be renewing the contract with the management company
  • Bill contacted Rob and all is confirmed
5.. OLD BUSINESS
  • Social-October 15th is cancelled due to lack of time
    • Ron and Kerry will plan a social event for the neighborhood before the end of the year
    • The extra food from the 4th will be donated to Second Harvest if we can not use
  • Reserve Study
    • Peggy is meeting the same company that did the last study - 10/13/17 at 12:15pm
    • It will cost $750 for them to prepare a report, itemized list of repairs, life expectancy and cost of repairs
    • It will be sent to the residents
    • Peggy asked is she should point out anything known as an issue
      • Gate not stable, sprinkler wire cut, etc
  • Member Dues
    • We have no outstanding dues at this time
  • Treasurer Update
    • No update as Vicki Saenz did not attend the meeting
    • Peggy would like to know how the PG&E Smart Meter was working
      • Bill to set up an online account so we can all see
5. NEW BUSINESS
  • Budget will be put on the agenda for the November meeting
  • We need to confirm the requirements for the end of the year mailing
    • Bill to ask Rob and check the Google documents
    • Ron to ask Todd
  • Next years Board
    • Bill will confirm with Vicki that she is stepping down after this year.  
    • We will need to let the neighborhood know that there will be at least one opening.  If more than one person would like to join, then we will have to have another election
  • Executive Meeting is scheduled for 10/24/17 at 7pm
    • Rob will attend as we have one more meeting with him
    • A dues increase will be discussed among other items
6. SCHEDULE NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
  • November 14th, 2017 at 7pm
7. ADJOURNMENT
  • 7:47pm


Note: Meeting Agenda format/content is designed to be flexible for attending Members and to enable the Board of Directors to take appropriate action as required on issues that affect the Association’s overall operations. Some actions are taken by the Board without a regularly scheduled meeting. Such actions will become part of the Minutes record at the next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The MIA Board encourages feedback. The goal is to share neighborly information and community thought. Comments will be reviewed weekly and posted to the blog if appropriate. The Board will not comment on the blog and will only address issues at Board meetings.