Thursday, November 30, 2017

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING November Minutes- Draft

MONTEVIDEO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION (MIA)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
November Minutes- Draft
Date: November 14,  2017
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Clubhouse meeting room

1. CALL TO ORDER
  • 7:04pm
  • In attendance - Bill Swagerty, Ron Blumstein,, Kerry Smith, Peggy Sampson, Vicki Saenz, Brent Neitzel and members of the community

2. COMMUNITY CONCERNS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
  • None
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
  • October Minutes approved
4. COMMUNICATION OF BOARD MEMBERS & MANAGEMENT COMPANY ACTIONS BETWEEN MEETINGS
  • None
5.. OLD BUSINESS
  • Social
    • Ron and Kerry will discuss planning  a social event for the neighborhood before the end of the year
    • Kerry to remove hamburgers from the freezer
  • Reserve Study
    • We received a prelim report that needs to be reviewed
    • Peggy Samson feels as if the inspector did not view the entire property, he used the same report from in the past.  She attempted to show him issues.
    • Inspectors main concern seemed to be the parking lot
    • Ron will contact the reserve study company
      • We can have a meeting with them to discuss the report but has to be between 9am and 6pm.
      • 30 days feedback
      • Final Report

    • We will have an executive meeting 11/27/17 to discuss the reserve study, budget,  and end of the year mailing
      • Items to be included in mailer - President letter, budget, reserve study, board positions
      • Per Todd, the annual disclosure statement must include 24 items stated in Davis Sterling
    • Mailing needs to be sent by year end
    • Todd will be there to provide feedback at the executive meeting, Mgt Co will also be there

  • The smart meters are installed and we have an online acct to see how they are working
  • Member Dues
    • Motion to approve increasing the yearly dues was approved
  • Treasurer Update
    • Vicki will be transferring money into the checking and savings
    • All members are current

5. NEW BUSINESS
  • We need to know the status of the swim team and non profit
    • Kerry will contact Laura Taylor
  • Gardner
    • Must have WC insurance and Liability
      • Does not have WC but will if we can guarantee a year contract
    • Peggy’s opinion is that he is worth it, he always does what he is asked, is flexible and his work is good quality
    • We have other quotes
    • We will offer Juve a 1 year contract of $1200/mo contingent on his obtaining WC insurance.  The contract to contain a termination clause that is clear and known
    • Peggy will talk with Juve

  • Clubhouse is rented after 4th of July so we will need to have everything out after the BBQ
6. SCHEDULE NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
  • December 12th, 2017 at 7pm
7. ADJOURNMENT
  • 8:13pm

Note: Meeting Agenda format/content is designed to be flexible for attending Members and to enable the Board of Directors to take appropriate action as required on issues that affect the Association’s overall operations. Some actions are taken by the Board without a regularly scheduled meeting. Such actions will become part of the Minutes record at the next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The MIA Board encourages feedback. The goal is to share neighborly information and community thought. Comments will be reviewed weekly and posted to the blog if appropriate. The Board will not comment on the blog and will only address issues at Board meetings.