Monday, March 12, 2018

MONTEVIDEO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION (MIA)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Minutes - Draft
Date: February 13, 2018
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Clubhouse meeting room

1. CALL TO ORDER 7:07pm, in attendance, Kerry Smith, Ron Blumstein, Bill Swagerty, Brent Neitzel, Peggy Samson and members of the community
2. COMMUNITY CONCERNS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
  • Approved Board of Directors Meeting Minutes January 9, 2018
  • Communication of any Board of Directors or Management Company actions between formal meetings - None
4. OLD BUSINESS
  • Swim Team - Do we want the waiver again - Yes
    • Remind Laura of the cleaning deposit when they host an event at the club house
    • Sign ups to occur the 2nd week of March
  • Treasurer Update - Vicki is not in attendance  
    • 51 residents are delinquent
    • Vicki is sending a reminder
    • Delinquent members are not allowed to use club house or participate on swim team
    • Insurance expires on 3/1/18, Vicki is working on renewal
  • Gardener
    • Did he sign contract
      • Peggy to talk with him when he is here on Saturday
    • Insurance situation
      • He is said to have insurance
  • Trees/Gutters
    • Blossom Tree Service is an option - Kerry to contact
    • We need to get trees done as soon as possible, before we have gutters cleaned
  • New board members
    • Bill Swaggerty will step down as part of the board.
    • Sarah and Jason Mettler are interested in joining the board
    • Brent will reach out to Scott Haywood regarding his neighbor who may be interested
    • Ron to ask Kristen Ballard if she would like to join
    • Board members to reach out to neighbors and friends
  • Newsletter
    • Mary Norton and Sarah Mettler to head
5. NEW BUSINESS
  • Committees
    • Social Committee - Kerry has reached out to several members of the community to participate in planning.
    • Reserve Study/Improvements - Todd has expressed interest as well as Dushan.  This is a committee to help narrow down what needs to be done and in what order
    • We can have many sub committees depending on ideas
6. SCHEDULE NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
  • March 13, 2018
7. ADJOURNMENT
  • 7:58pm

Note: Meeting Agenda format/content is designed to be flexible for attending Members and to enable the Board of Directors to take appropriate action as required on issues that affect the Association’s overall operations. Some actions are taken by the Board without a regularly scheduled meeting. Such actions will become part of the Minutes record at the next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The MIA Board encourages feedback. The goal is to share neighborly information and community thought. Comments will be reviewed weekly and posted to the blog if appropriate. The Board will not comment on the blog and will only address issues at Board meetings.