MONTEVIDEO IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION (MIA)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Meetings - Draft
Date: April 10, 2018
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Clubhouse meeting room
1. CALL TO ORDER - 7:08pm
2. COMMUNITY CONCERNS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
- Dushan has a video of the tree removal, he was happy with the company and the process
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES March 13, 2018
4. Communication of any Board of Directors or Management Company actions between formal meetings.
4. OLD BUSINESS
- Welcome to Peggy Samson and Sarah Mettler
- Mary Norman was elected as the Inspector. At this time, we accepted her oral report with a written to follow. She found that we have attempted in all possible ways to notify the community of the open positions. 2 neighbors came forward and we had 2 opens, therefore, no vote was needed.
- Since Peggy is a paid employee, she is not able to be Treasurer however, there is nowhere in the bylaws does it state a paid employee cannot serve on the Board. Peggy will excuse herself from any vote that relates to her.
- We approved the report and the new board members. Positions will be decided at a later date.
- Tree Completion and payment
- Peggy has spoken to Juve and has the signed contract.
- 4th of July
- Ron is meeting with the City 5/8/18 to speak on the permit and police
- SJPD - 3 officers seem to be too much, we will ask for 2
- 50 years
- Dushan has the original shirt
- We are talking about the possibility of having a contest for a logo design on the shirts.
- We will do an email blast, post on nextdoor and the blog for participants
- Sarah to add info to the newsletter
- Newsletter will go out the 2nd Tuesday in May
5. NEW BUSINESS
- Ez Ups have been purchased
- Peggy to purchase non-slip rugs
- Peggy to obtain a quote on the repair of the gate.
6. SCHEDULE NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
- May 8th, 2018
Note: Meeting Minutes format/content is designed to be flexible for attending Members and to enable the Board of Directors to take appropriate action as required on issues that affect the Association’s overall operations. Some actions are taken by the Board without a regularly scheduled meeting. Such actions will become part of the Minutes record at the next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting.